AMERICANA: A Century of Song
Please join us for an evening of classical American song featuring underrepresented composers, living composers and all-time favorites.
Saturday, March 4 2023, 7:30 pm
Sunday, March 5 2023, 3:00 pm
Solmaaz Adeli, concert director and mezzo-soprano
Danielle Naler, piano
Micah Naler, violin
- American Lullaby by Gladys Rich (1904-1994)
- Ashokan Farewell by Jay Ungar (b. 1946)
- Bethena – A Concert Waltz by Scott Joplin (1868 – 1917)
- The Circus Band by Charles Ives (1874 – 1954)
- Spring and Fall by Benjamin Dorfan
- Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child, American, 19th C.
- Shenandoah, American , 19th C.
- Fly Me to the Moon by Bart Howard (1915-2004)
- Live Without a Thought of Dying by Diana Rowan (b. 1971)
- Credo by Juhi Bansal (b. 1983)
- Adon Olam by Joshua Fishbein (b. 1984)
- Theme from “American Symphony” by Antonín Dvořák (1841 – 1904)
- Piccola Serenata by Leonard Bernstein (1918 – 1990)
- Que Sera, Sera by Jay Livingston (1915-2001) music, and Ray Evans (1915-2009) lyrics