Celebrating Youth 2012-2013Celebrating Youth (CY) is an educational outreach program for young musicians, sponsored by the Santa Cruz Chamber Players. The program is open to 7th—12th grade instrumentalists and singers, aged 18 years and under, who are interested in learning to play ensemble chamber music. Students should be taking private lessons, and need to be nominated by their teachers in order to enroll. Auditions are required for new applicants. The CY program runs from October through May.
Now in its ninth year, this highly successful program provides:
- Expert coaching from the area’s finest music teachers
- An informative workshop on the intricacies of playing ensemble chamber music
- Tickets to two outstanding concerts
- Season ticket to all six of Santa Cruz Chamber Players’ concerts
- The experience of making music with peers and the opportunity to make new friends with similar interests
- Participation in chamber music competitions and outreach performances
- The fun and excitement of performing in a special Celebrating Youth concert as part of the Santa Cruz Chamber Players’ regular concert season
What people are saying about CY:
I love chamber music now, and I had so much fun and learned a lot by playing with other people. I’ve made friends and gotten to know people better because of CY. I’m so lucky to have participated in it, and it’s great that the program exists!
CY is a great program. It provides a nurturing environment, comprehensive training and opportunity to these young and talented musicians. They played wonderfully at the year-end concert.
The students seem ready to learn and are very excited to try new musical ideas and approaches. The ones I have worked with are so talented and it is a wonderful challenge to light their creative fires and inspire them to reach for even further musical achievements.
or call 831.479.1968